Thursday, June 11, 2015

Nominated For The Liebster Award!


Hello everyone! I've missed blogging for a week now, and it has left me very empty. The main reason is that I've been so busy preparing for new posts and attending events + prepping for my last exam.*cries*
Recently, the beautiful Naya from The Party Parrot Blog, and the lovely Pooja from Diary of Pooja nominated me for a Liebster Award. I am very thankful and humbled by their lovely gesture, and shall pay it back. Naya and Pooja, you have no idea how happy this made me! Thank you so much, I'm very glad to have you enjoy my blog. Also, you have really good questions. Love you both so much.

Part 1- Answering Naya's Q's:


1 What do you love the most about being a blogger?

- Being able to have a platform to share the things I love with like-minded people, being able to help others, and endlessly talk about beauty. 

How did your life change since you started pursuing a blogging career?

I became even more of a critic towards the topic, and carefully analysing things "to review them"  


What is your main advise to those people, who just started their blogs?

Something I am guilty of, 1. Consistency, 2. Caring too much about numbers, 3. Looking at other people's work and hating your own. 
The truth is if you want to be good at this, you have to do it consistently, set up a schedule or some way to keep track of your posting. Numbers shouldn't matter if you're doing it for yourself, so just work on building that and people will come through. It's okay to be inspired by others but remember you are not them, we're all different and we all have a different way of doing things, so stay true to who you are and just be yourself! 


If you could be an ambassador of any beauty/fashion brand - which one would it be? And why?

- Benefit! I absolutely love that brand, ever since I was a little girl I'd spend hours just staring at the stall, swatching and admiring their products. From the packaging to the box'o powders to the highlighters. It was a childhood dream of mine to own the range, and also work with them. I literally know so much about their makeup it's crazy. I actually had a list of all the things I wanted to buy at the time, I was 12, and I never actually ended up completing the list but if I'm being honest here, I still update it and have it from when I was a kid! 


When it comes to writing, what inspires you the most?

- Being happy, and feeling productive. 


What is one HG beauty product that you cannot live without? 

- My beauty blender is a saviour. Just got the macro mini! 


Would you eventually want to start a YouTube channel?

Not to give away too much but, yes, it's in the plan. Stay tuned! 


Twitter or Instagram?

Instagram all the way!! 


If you could add any new brand to Sephora, which one would it be?

KATVOND is beautiful and so is her makeup. 


10 Online or real-life shopping?

Real life, I like to try everything out first, what if I don't like it!? 


11 Last but not least, lipstick or lip gloss?

- Lipstick girl right here, bring out the purples. 

Pooja's Questions :

1. Why did you start Blogging and when?

- I started blogging when I realised how easy it was to make a platform for myself, by myself as a way of just letting things go, over a year ago. 


2. What has been the high point of your blogging career?

-I haven't quite reached any highs, but I always love being at events where I can meet new people. 


3. What is your go to advise for Blogging?-"Just do it from the heart" 


4. Drugstore or High-end? - Mid-range ;) 


5. Lipstick or Lipgloss? - Lipstick! 


6. What is the thing you always shop for in beauty? Anything intriguing 


7. Favourite Fashion item/trend right now?  - Bold liner! 


8. Holy Grail Beauty product? - My eye primer from UD <3 


9. What do you look for in Beauty & Fashion Blogs? Writing wise. - Personality & character, 

attention to detail as well as structure. 


10. When do you think is the right time one should invest in Blogging and Photography supplies     after starting a blog? - Once you feel committed enough. 


11. What are some of your fav BLOGS to read and why? I have no constant, I love everyone and everything! Elitedaily.com is amazing though. 

Part 2 - The nominations : 









Part 3- The rules : 

Congratulations everyone and now please have a look at these simple rules;

1. Please thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog
2. Display the award on your blog - by including it in your post or using it as a widget
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided by the person who nominated you
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award (with less that 1000 followers)
5. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer
6. List these rules in your post (feel free to copy & paste)
7. Once published, inform people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award and provide a link to your post, so that they can learn more about it!

Part 4 - My questions: 

1. When did you realise you loved makeup and why ? 
2.What are your goals for your blog? 
3. Do you see yourself making videos? 
4. What tips do you have for other bloggers? 
5. What is one thing that you do differently now that you're a beauty blogger? 
6. Who is your beauty idol? 
7. What is the most rewarding part about being a beauty blogger? 
8. Would you still be blogging if no one read your blog? 
9. What's your top 5 products for perfect skin? (skincare or makeup) 
10. If you could use one brand of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
11. Where do you see yourself, and your blog 5 years from now? 

Congratulations ladies! Hope you have a lovely journey in the blogging community. If you have any questions feel free to ask and get in touch if you need anything. Please share your links as I'd very much like to read your posts. 

Much love, Farida xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment