Friday, June 12, 2015

Zoella Beauty!

Zoella has been known to have an extremely large following, much like every other youtuber nowadays, many are coming up with their own range of products. With high expectations for them, it's hard to tell if they live up. Are these really worth the hype?


 "Following on from her incredible online career spanning half a decade, Zoe has turned her love of all things beauty into a fun and dreamy bath and beauty range to take us back to a time where a bath was an indulgent experience rather than a chore. As a sufferer of anxiety, Zoe was thrilled to create a range of products that would aid the mind as well as the body, taking users to a paradise of relaxation and serenity. The result was a fun, playful range of bath and beauty goodies that is the embodiment of Zoe, cute on the outside and packed full of loveliness on the inside!"


These products are found at Virgin Megastores in Dubai,prices start from 45 dhs up  to 70 dhs. The range carries bath products, "Fizz bar, and Soak Opera bubble bath", makeup bags, Creamy Madly Dreamy body lotion, Blissful Mistful body mist and a candle. 


















The range is primarily focused on being a stress/anxiety relieving products, only as a form of relaxation. They're not intended to have any medicinal component to relieve tension, just through indulgence and pampering, your stresses melt away. Which is quite accurate. 

The perfume,Blissful Mistful*, has a non overpowering, fruity and sweet scent. It's the same scent of the whole line and I actually really like it. Especially for summer, it's perfect for carrying around as well since the size isn't too big and it's only 10ml short on the regular sized perfumes which are usually 50ml.

Lightly scented, the body lotion, Creamy Madly Dreamy*, is quite nice. I actually like that it's not drenched in perfume which actually calms me down. It's moisturising and refreshing when paired with the perfume. You get a lot of product in the tube and I wouldn't mind repurchasing this. 

"When life catches up with us we all need space to dream and indulge, so I have created my own special range of bath & beauty loveliness to help you find you happy place :). Simple, sweet and fragrant treats with uh-may-zing scents and utterly adorable packaging, it’s all just too precious not to share! So, breathe deep, be yourself and drift away on a calming cloud of serene scents, dreamy creams and a fun pop of froth and fizz –trust me, Instant Happy!’’





I was quite disappointed with the Fizz Bar*, only because I don't quite understand what it does. You're supposed to break it apart and pop it in a bath. This sounded like a super saver item because at 45 dhs you can use this around 3 or 4 times. It says on the back to use 1-2, I used 1 and it didn't do much. I suggest you use 2 or 3. This doesn't make any bubbles, it just fizzes up and supposedly makes your bath smell nice. In the pictures below, the bubbles around it were achieved using another bubble bath gel. 
I also bought a makeup bag and I actually really like these. They're very good quality and cute prints,convenient size too.Love it! 


Sometimes, we need something to help us unwind. Every time I feel down, I just take a bath and somehow melt these thoughts away. It works,promise. Instead of feeling mad at the world, why not try to find your own escapade, even if it's in the bath, or in a good book. These products aren't of superior performance, but I really like them for what they stand for and I enjoy the cute packaging and scent. Might not be for everyone, but it sure is worth trying out.



Much Love, Farida xx 

Disclaimer: these products were given to me for review, and are marked (*), all opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. From which Virgin Megastore branch did you get these from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sorry I just saw your comment now. You can find these at all branches of Virgin Megastores in Dubai.

      Delete