Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette - Pictures!

Earlier last month I talked about how much I wanted this, until one day I caved. I bought it online and I almost didn't believe I did till it came in the mail.The second I picked it up, I immediately regretted buying it...
First of all, it was way too small for my liking. I expected a bigger size of the product, however, the powders are not only in the pan but are quite elevated which means you get a lot of powder, in three shades.This, in my opinion compensates for that, and I think for "finishing" powders it's a very convenient size and quantity as it turns out. Below is a picture of how small it is, my phone is around the same size as an iPhone 6+, it's a Samsung Note.


Personally, I have oily skin but I can't stop myself from always wanting the dew. If I can be dewy every day, I would, and I can.. So I am.. I make it work for me and these powders make it all the much better. These powders aren't shimmer highlighters like the Mac Soft & Gentle or the regulars, however these are just light reflective. They grab the lights in the right places of your face instead of being glittery powder.
I like to look like I was hit in the face with a lightbulb, and therefore would sometimes add more highlight along with this one just because I like to over do it.It's okay. 


I took pictures in all the different lights I could find, mainly because I wanted to show how beautiful these are! 

**^with flash^(picture above only)**


I use "Dim Lightneutral peach beige powder under my eyes and "Incandescent Light; pearlescent powder as my highlight *it's more shimmery* and "Radiant Lightgolden beige powder over my bronzer/contour. Mix both or all three and set my face with them because why not look like I have a halo on my face. 
You might be thinking I'm crazy for wearing all that, which I am I'll give you that, but the point of these is that they magically blur out imperfections and make pores vanish. It doesn't look like I'm wearing a ton of highlight or powder it just looks like you've done something different to your skin to make it look and feel better.. 


 My verdict is that these are a great investment if you're willing to pay for it. Not everyone needs these for sure, but they're that extra something that just makes a huge difference.
Overhyped? Maybe. Well worth it? Probably.

Overall, these give a great finish. They aren't "heavily pigmented" highlighters. They're very soft and slightly buttery iridescent powders.

Packaging is very sleek and you get a lot of product. Heavy price tag might be a deal breaker, but if you have a little extra cash, definitely recommend. If not, you won't notice a difference if you buy other highlighters.

Now, I'm very curious to try "Luminous light" from Hourglass and shall get it soon!

"Breathe back life into the skin" 

"Smooth the overall appearance of skin" 

' gives skin a natural luminosity' 


' let there be highlight ..' 
Much love xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment