Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bold Red Statements ft Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Velvet Matte


Earlier last week I posted a picture on Instagram with my first bright red lip! It was my first experience with red lips, and nails, and I absolutely love it. Luckily, I found an awesome formula that stayed on me for over 6 hours, even when I was eating and drinking!! 

Red lips will forever be a statement, bold and brave. Because there's a thing about a girl with red lipstick, daring to paint her pout in the colour of blood. Unafraid to draw attention to the source of her words, powerful as ever. Even in her silence, there is beauty. 

The colour I chose whilst shopping earlier last week was at the Rimmel London stand, it was fully stocked and I've always wanted to try their Apocalips, but when I saw they had a Matte range, I went for it.Their lipsticks are an all time favourite, and these have won again. 

Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Velvet Matte

This is the colour #505 swatched , on my nails is LYN nail polish in "Wine not"

There's just something about the colour red, it's universally flattering, & agreeably there'll always be a shade for everyone. 


The packaging it comes in is very sleek, nice, but plastic, the drugstore regular. The wand is very practical and it carries just enough product to cover your pout and have the most opaque coverage. Coverage is a 4/5, Packaging is a 3.5/5

This is a matte finish, there's another edition of the Apocalips from Rimmel London in a non-matte finish, with a really wide range of colours that are also very well pigmented. These are definitely high-performing drugstore products. Very impressed with them. 


 

This colour wore on me quite well, I tested it on two different days, also experimented with different food and drinks, not so much of a smudge. It will transfer if anything touches your lips but it's not at all noticeable. It only came off after 6 hours while eating! Longevity points I'd give this a 3.9/5. 



The colour in the pictures is "Burning Lava #505"


Verdict: I'd highly recommend these, for a great price, you get a wide range of long wearing colours, from nudes to bold reds, their range is quite extensive. They last, they're matte, & they're also non drying, which looks beautiful. Even if you're not into mattes, they have other formula's to try. I didn't wear mine with any lip liner but I'm sure it'll last a whole lot longer with one on.  


I'll end this with a little note from my heart to yours;  ' Be brave, in your choices, in your beliefs, and in your heart. For there is beauty in that bravery. Don't be afraid of colours, or afraid to ask for what you want. Fight for what you believe in, and slay. Always.'

Lots of love, 
Farida xx 










2 comments:

  1. it looks like the perfect snow white red and looks amazing on you as well! this just go straight to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! "snow white red" is the perfect description! I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do.

      Delete