Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Being in control, & doing things my way! - Hair Talk

I just grabbed the scissors, and carefully chopped away.Not in rebellion, nor out of anxiety, but for letting go of the things that bothered me most and finally doing things my way. Split ends were seriously bothering me way more than they should have, adding on unnecessary stress ( try a hair change if you just can't deal, it works ;).My previous salon experiences were enough to make me hate going back there and sit under someone else's hands hoping to get exactly what I want. Which never happens either because they don't understand or it's just never meant to be. This was enough to convince me that if I wanted something, I had to do it myself, and that is cut my own hair.

"A woman who changes her hair, is about to change her life"-Chanel.



 Many people do it, and some may read this thinking, what in the world.. but personally, a lot of people would never do it for themselves, my experience however, was freeing. I cut my hair short enough to exactly where I wanted it to be, and in the exact same cut that I wanted (using the correct hair scissors, on wet hair, parted and brought to the front to balance).

  A few weeks later, I dyed it myself and got the exact same results that I had anticipated. It's a different feeling when you get exactly what you want, because no matter where I'd go, no one understood my hair, and what I wanted, like I did. Which is why this worked, it makes sense. Applying this simple principle in other aspects of my life is equally as freeing if not more. No one knows you better than you know yourself, so, before you seek approval, try listening to your heart, feed your body what it wants, nourish your soul with whatever you please, then watch things get better.

With that being said I also found 2 new products that made my hair feel healthy, soft and frizz free. L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil in both forms, the cream and serum. Amazing results that almost seem instant. Hair creams are either a hit or miss, because some of them make your hair greasy and just unattractive, however, this lightweight formula is great because it nourishes your hair without weighing it down. And the serum is also great for after using heat or on dry hair. I use the cream right after I shower and the serum after my hair is dry.

Oils are great for your hair but the mess they create isn't, which is why this range infused with oils works really well. This one in particular is infused with the magical Argan Oil, that is not only great for your hair but your body all over, I use it on my face, without any additives, just plain oil, and it looks divine..

Next up I made an experiment.. Not washing my hair for 10 days *almost* was the hardest yet most rewarding experience ever. Your hair feels really unbearable after the 3rd day but just hold on to it and everything will adapt. Now, 10 days may seem a bit too cray, I think I lasted for 8, but it was definitely worth it because my hair never felt softer nor has it looked better in such a long time. Washing your hair twice a week should be a maximum. The oils created on your scalp are actually good for it and letting that sit in is very beneficial for hair. Highly recommended !

To keep me lasting the whole week, I used the new Sunsilk range of dry shampoo's. Luckily I was stocked. This stuff is awesome! It comes in 2 sizes, a large bottle and a smaller travel handy size. This is a lot like Batiste, a cult fav, however it's cheaper and you get a lot more product and a good range to choose from which is a good deal. This doesn't show white residue on your hair after brushing it out. Win-Win here.

Finally I would recommend you try these products, because at a good price, you get a lot of product that is quite promising for what it claims. These will be a definite re-purchase once I run out (if I ever) lol! Drugstore products do work, if you find the right ones.

Much Love, Farida Sh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment