Saturday, November 2, 2013

Grandma Beauty Secret:Rose Water Toner

One of the things that my grandmothers have both taught me is the power of Rose water. Believe it or not this is something that I would use ever since I was 4... My grandma would use it for so many different things and among them was using it on her skin. She would pass me a cotton ball soaked with rose water and just the scent of it was enough to bring back memories. I was really young and it was okay.. because it is a very mild and pure distillation of roses, it wouldn't really harm my skin. Untill now, this has been something that stuck with me and I will continue to hopefully pass it on.Nowadays, you can get it with many additives and chemicals to "enhance" its performance, but nothing works better than the pure organic essence of roses.


Rose water is a natural antiseptic which also helps maintain the pH balance of the skin. Stimulating the regeneration process,it has a calming effect on acne, eczema and dermatitis. It also stimulates the blood circulation in the blood vessels beneath the skin. Because I live in Dubai, we get to see a lot of sun, and that means that a trip to the beach can also lead to sunburn... What really helps soothe the burn is rose water, because it is very mild, it won't irritate your skin or cause allergic reactions, it also soothes bug bites and the like.

Apart from that, rose water has a very sweet and delicate scent to it that is a huge plus! So, after a shower, you can use it as a toner all over your body and you're left with toned skin and good scent payoff!

To use rose water, I get the one that is found near the food aisle in the super market... Talk about cheap! It is inexpensive and makes for a great ingredient in other beauty remedies too! Such as a homemade face mask or a body scrub.. Here I transferred some of it into a more portable container from "Daiso", for convenient use. You can use it as a spray toner to refresh and beat the heat. Keep some of it in the fridge and spray it on your face when you first wake up, over time this will help reduce fine lines and minimise pores. Legend says Cleopatra also used rose water! No wonder since it really does work!



Have you had a beauty secret passed on to you? Please share :)

Hope you enjoyed, Love, Farida Sh.. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment