Saturday, September 20, 2014

Urban Decay:Heavy Metal


So, last April was my birthday, and since then I've been trying to venture out and do new things because I realised that I have been pretty boring for a long time. I thought about dark lipstick to go out of my comfort zone since it's what I've seen a lot of people do. Weirdly enough I am not allowed to wear lipstick, bold colours that is because let's be real.. I look like a 10 year old.. and wearing dark lipstick makes me look like a 10 year old, who went through her grandma's makeup bag. So I decided to find something else that worked for me.


Every time I approached the Urban Decay counter I always stared at the Heavy Metal Eyeliners and thought..who would ever wear that stuff? unless they're doing a glam look these are so useless and just weird. Crazy, I know.. If you don't know what these are well let me tell you..

They are the most perfect glitters I have ever come across. Glitter eyeliner that is, and I don't even look like a 12 year old doing a play in school who got to sprinkle glitter on herself.( Which sadly I can't do now anymore)

I discovered glitter at an older age than most.Some may have already gotten over that phase of life but I guess I really never was one to follow hypes which eventually led to me never finding out things at their time.Talk about great discoveries 8)

So one day as I went there to buy the Naked Basics pallet, a contradiction happened and I picked up "Spandex" the most amazing shade of blue glitters. (*s* because they're many shades in the same one)

*****Side note:I am extremely weird, therefore my descriptions of things are even weirder.. please bare with the universe that my being is very creepy. Thank you for co-operating.*****

Why am I rambling on and boring you with this? because I like it. ALOT. I just add a bit of this over my black eyeliner and it looks like a dream. Either on the end of it or on the inner bit, or over the whole line of eyeliner, I really like that it looks different and just pretty awesome. It's like black and boring eyeliner but 10 times more fun. Could also be worn on its own, or added to a "natural look" for a bit of tamed fierceness or to any look in general.

The formula is very smooth and it applies very easily.It has a very thin brush applicator like most liquid liners but the best part is you CAN'T go wrong with it no matter how good or bad you are at applying liner with a brush.Trust me on this one.Another great thing I noticed about this, is that removal doesn't mean you end up with glitter all over your face, which is probably the greatest dilemma with glitter makeup, is that you're always left with residue.I think they re-formulated these and changed the packaging because the reviews I read showed heavier glitter chunks and dislike towards it. Which is not true to this newer formula! *happy dance*

You would probably have to see it for yourself to believe me if you already haven't. I also tried a bit of it on someone much older than I am and she loved it. It's very easy and adaptable, you can build up the liner so that it looks deeper. I personally love Urban Decay and would recommend so many of their products!

If you have reached here despite my rambling, I thank you for sticking around, hope you enjoyed this! Let me know what other great makeup discoveries you have made?? I'd love to know :D


**Pictures don't do it justice.**

No comments:

Post a Comment