Thursday, July 3, 2014

Battle of the felt tips!

Eyeliner showdown: Which one wins? 
So, this past year I have been obsessed with felt tip liners, so much so that I wore them everyday to school for the fun of it. I started out first with Maybelline's master precise, it was good, but it wasn't great. It didn't last that well on it own and after a few hours, it would print on the top of my very oily eyelids. I had to wear a primer underneath but it just wasn't working out and later on I realised that it's just not very black and I had to go over it with black eyeshadow (favourites are by UD,blackout or Crave) to make it last longer and look bolder but that too wasn't efficient since I was going to school with it and I don't have time for all that in the morning. After I ran out, I knew that I had to get my hands on the new eyeliners by L'oreal. With 3 different types to choose from, the Perfect Slim Super Liner was my ideal choice. The pigmentation on this is really awesome and it just looks a lot better and creates a more precisely defined line. If I had to choose I would go for the L'oreal one since it's a lot blacker and longer lasting. Which would you choose?
Much Love, Farida xx 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farida!
    Surviving Hijab brought me here :D
    Funny I should read this, as I JUST bought the Maybelline Master Piece Liquid Eyeliner and I have to say I was pretty disappointed! While it's really smooth to apply, it is waaay too water proof and hardly stays on. I wear it to work and whenever I have to perform ablution it smears allll over my face and I look like a complete panda! Maybe I'll just wear it when I'm going out at night or when I don't expect to pray before going home.
    That been said, you should give "Avon extreme liquid eyeliner" a try. It's also felt tip, stays on beautifully, and while it's not 100% water proof either, it's way better!
    One last piece of advice, you can use the liquid liner to draw your eyes then go slowly over it with a regular black eyeliner. You still get that drawn effect the liquid eyeliner gives, but you'll have a stronger black and it will be more stabilized and won't smear as much!

    Cute blog, keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I'm so sorry I just saw this now! Yaay<3 I love surviving hijab! xx I haven't tried Avon before, always wanted to though, lol.. Where can I get it here in Dubai? I know they have ambassadors and stuff like that so I'll have to get it through someone. Thanks for the tip! yes I tend to forget doing that, although it does up the eyeliner's lasting power by 100%. Much love x <3

      Delete