Thursday, February 19, 2015

Battle of the H2O - Micellar water review.


Nowadays it's all about the H2O! Water is amazing. It's magical.. Drinking at least 2.5 litres everyday will cause miracles. Trust me I've tried. Try this for a week and thank me later. Just like water is important for your skin,from the inside, it is just as important on the outside and here are some you should try.

I'm sure you've all heard of the rise of "Micellar Water". Many people started out using the Bioderma Sensibio H2O, then came along other drugstore brand "dupes" claiming to do the same thing. Basically, this is magic water that works better than your toner because it'll clean your face from makeup and still tone your skin at the same time. I use mine with a cotton pad and prefer them much more over the regular old fashioned eye makeup removers with oil in them. These get in my eyes and cause a lot of discomfort and irritation especially if you have sensitive skin, which is why micellar water is a safer and much better option as I've found.

I began using the Bioderma Sensibio h2o much like everyone else was creating a hype around it.It is no surprise that this was the best thing I've ever come across and it has made it to my list of holy grail beauty finds. It breaks down the makeup so effortlessly and you don't have to rub at your face with it. Best part about these waters is how safe it is to use around the eyes. I could literally put this inside my eyes and not feel a burn (not recommended)(obviously).

Later on I found another alternative that came very close to my trusty Bioderma, which was the L'Oreal Hydra Total 5. Claiming to ; remove makeup, soften skin, illuminate, is easy to apply and free of irritation. I was sold, could this be the closest thing to my beloved Sensibio ? Yes. It indeed was the closest dupe for it. It breaks down makeup in much the same way as the former. However, despite this serving as a closer and much cheaper alternative, it doesn't really replace Bioderma. This did have a very faint scent to it, you could probably overlook it as it isn't something most people would notice, and it isn't off putting either.None of these waters carry any scent to them.

The last one I picked up on a trip to Turkey was the Garnier version of micellar water which unfortunately didn't work quite as well for me. Maybe it was because when you try something really good, you expect a certain level of quality as the ones I've previously mentioned. Perhaps. This might work for some of you, and I do use it sometimes, but I wouldn't repurchase. I only use it now to finish it up and only when I'm not wearing much makeup, or after I've washed my face and I want to go back at it once more. If you haven't tried Bioderma you might actually love this, but it isn't a product I'd highly recommend.

To break it all down here I think Bioderma and L'Oreal work best for me, so much so that I am running low on both bottles. Bioderma is a repurchase and a holy grail, L'Oreal is a runner up and is on the drugstore edition holy grail list. Garnier, not so much.

Overall I'd rate them 9/10, 8/10 and 4/10. (in order)
What do you think? Have you tried any of these? are there other brands out there that I should try out? Please let me know what you think :) Much love xx 

2 comments: