Thursday, February 19, 2015

Maybelline Mascara Comparisons

Anyone who's ever asked me for a mascara advice, always gets these for an answer. Simply because they're amazing. A drugstore brand that never fails to impress, and an extensive array of wands to choose from and an on point formulation. Maybelline always gets it right. A few coats can give you a look similar to that of a high end mascara. Despite these being high performance drugstore products, they don't replace my beloved They're Real by Benefit, or my Lancome one. 

Today I have my top 5 picks from Maybelline. I really love each and every one of them. I choose my mascara based on how I feel that day, if it's the only thing I'm wearing on my eyes. Otherwise I choose it based on the eye makeup I want to pair it with. Now, as a beauty enthusiast, makeup may be a different experience for me than it may be for some others. Meaning that these are not just to make my lashes look better.They serve a different purpose, one being a mood boost or a change in the way my whole makeup will make me feel. Letting go of these when they're done will be hard.I'm weird, it's okay, I accept it now. 

The Falsies, is the "butterfly flirty lashes" mascara. It helps curl your lashes and gives them length and volume. Not just one purpose but rather a good for everything mascara and it makes lashes look divine.  The wand is curved and long enough to coat all your lashes and make them feel pretty but it doesn't hold a curl very well. I like it a lot though. Most reached for out of the 5. 
The Rocket. Makes your lashes really really long. If you do this the right way it will look exactly as if they've been on a rocket and are launching into space, or your eyebrows.. same thing. I love this for when I want nothing but length and a fanned out effect. Clean long lashes, sans clumps , sans volume. Reached for when doing cut crease of matte eye looks for the clean finish. The brush has short bristles, and is more rounded and thick. 
Great Lash. There are 2 versions of this mascara and I love the wand I have. It's the perfect size for precise application and it is so cute I love it. This helps you get to all your lashes, even the pesky corner ones, which in effect gives off the cutest most doll like natural look. Great for short lashes as the stud-like bristles help hold on to the hairs. Reached out for when I want to add mascara only to the outer corners of my eyes. It gives off a really good look when you do that since longer brushes may be harder to pull this off with. It does give you "lots of lashes" as claimed. 
One by One. BEST VOLUMISING MASCARA. It's just great at giving your lashes so much volume and body to them. One of the best drugstore ones out there. I reach out for it when I want bigger looking eyes since the shape of the brush does it all. 
Last but not least is the beautiful Mega Plush. Okay this is by far the cutest one of all. I have mine in a brown black colour which is amazing btw! Must try black and brown at the same time. Brown does look a bit more natural however brown mascaras layered above black look even more so. Black brown mascaras are hard to find here but they work amazingly. This brush is similar to the previous one but more fanned out with longer bristles. The effect isn't the same however. This one gives off the most natural look of all, long pretty lashes with enough volume and no clumps. 

Overall these mascara's are definitely worth the try. They perform really well for the fact that they're not high end. I don't have them in waterproof versions but I think next time I get any of these I will definitely make that change since these sometimes tend to smudge on my oily eyelids. Many people have tried these and loved them as much as I do. I did however stop trying the new ones because I have other mascaras to try out and test. Some of these are repurchases. 
What did you think of these? Have you tried any of them? What's your favourite mascara? Please let me know below! 
You can save this picture for reference if you want :) Thank you for reading! Much love. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment