Thursday, May 14, 2015

MUFE Life is a Stage - Q & A with Maya Ahmed


Not sure what was up with me but I look horrible compared to her! She is so sweet and adorable and I finally got the chance to meet her and ask her so many things. We talked about insecurities, eye shapes, and even Game of Thrones! If you don't know who she is then you're missing a lot...

Thanks to Makeup Forever for bringing her to their second round of their makeup event "life is a stage", last year we did the makeup bag remix with Huda Beauty and it was amazing! I left with a new makeup bag, and later won their new brushes which are the best brushes out there!

I'm talking about the beautiful Maya Ahmd, a Lebanese makeup artist who also does Youtube videos. I was lucky to be able to have a little chat to ask her about important stuff that's been on my mind. She also answered 3 questions for you guys on the blog here which was fun! :D

Q. What are 3 things you never leave the house without? 
A. A mirror, water and my Game of Thrones book. - I couldn't agree more, water is an essential must have and definitely a book, I too am reading GOT at the moment!

Q. If there was only one makeup advice you could give to everyone, what would it be? 
A. Not to overdo it with the powder. - Too much powder is never a good look on anyone.

Q.If there was one piece of advice you could give to your teenage self what would it be? 
A.To not care what others say about you and to overcome your insecurities. - This is everyone's struggle and that really is the best advice everyone needs.

After my time was up I got to sit down with one of their makeup artists and have him teach me new tricks of the contour. We used the Pro Sculpt duo powder in the shade "Medium" and it was perfection. It really is great to see how just a little bit of makeup can make a lot of a difference.

^Asking too many questions.. 

^Meet Alberto! Below is me learning like a student. 


Really want to try their HD foundations! Definite must have. 


That glow though... WHY CAN'T I CONTOUR AND LOOK LIKE THIS.. 



No matter how good you get at this, there's always room to learn and grow. I always approach makeup artists with a beginners/learners mindset. It's always great to exchange tips and tricks and luckily they're always like " Woah, how do you know this" and it's a great feeling because I'm self taught, everything I know, I learned myself and I can never say I'm a makeup artist because it's such an important title to hold and I'm never going to be ready enough. I still love learning and I love teaching just as much. Some may have lower skills than you, some may have better and choose to hold the title, I myself prefer to be unnamed. 

Hope you enjoyed today's post and I'll see you in my next one! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment