Sunday, November 9, 2014

Urban Decay Basics- Review *must have palette for everyone*


I have had this palette since April of this year.. and you know how at first you like something, next you're crushing, then it's love? Actually, that happens when you like people.. I think. But since I am an exceptionally weird person, I fall in love with my makeup.. The scent of new palettes, the untouched coating of new powders .. oh that joy!
Anyway, apart from my obvious love for this, I really think that everyone who loves eyeshadows needs to at least own 1 Urban Decay palette!
I personally have 3 out of 4 "Naked" palettes and I love them to bits.. and I will get more..
Urban Decay's eyeshadow formula is truly amazing. The pigmentation on these finely milled and beautifully crafted colours is beautiful. Along with the genius combinations they come up with, they really leave you with no choice but to have them.
If you're not much of an eyeshadow person, but still want to get some, I highly recommend the Basics palette. With 6 shades of neutral colours that complement a lot of skin tones, this is a win- win.The colours in here may not be ideal for darker skin tones but, I have used it on a few women of different colour and the results where really awesome!
There are 5 matte shades and 1 shimmery "highlight" colour. They only downside would be the fallout these tend to have which can easily be avoided if you don't load your brush with too much of it. The first 3 are great "lid" colours and the 3 after are great crease colours.  The black could be used instead of an eyeliner with a smaller brush for a softer look. You can literally go from natural to smokey with one palette and even more.
How clean does this packaging look though? I am a sucker for Urban Decay really. Great travel size too! Come to think about it, these are a very good value for money. They are wayy less expensive than most eyeshadows *high end*, and are not less in amount. You get a great colour choice,  awesome pigmentation, and a good price! Definite recommendation from me! I give this a 4/5 stars because I like saving the last star.. Also, if you're patient enough, you could wait till they start selling the second version of this which I believe is coming very soon!!
What do you think??
PS: The colours in the picture below are very true to what they really are in the pan, as well as on the skin!
Thank you and much love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment